- Salted Cream Cake Roll
Cake Roll Ingredients
Corn oil 1.4 oz
Milk 1.6 oz
Low gluten flour 2.4 oz
Sugar 2.1 oz
Salted butter ingredients
Butter 1.8 oz
Sugar 0.4 oz
Sea salt 1.1 dr
Light cream 5.6 oz
1.Bake the sliced almonds in a preheated oven at 160°C for 10 minutes or until golden brown, remove and set aside.
2. To make the cake rolls, emulsify the corn oil and milk together, sift it into the flour and mix well.
3. Separate the eggs, place the whites in a clean, waterless and grease-free bowl and mix the egg yolks into the batter.
4. Beat the egg whites with the sugar and a few drops of lemon juice until they form large curved hooks.
Fold one third of the meringue into the egg yolk and mix well with a tossing motion. Pour the cake batter back into the meringue and continue to mix well.
5. Line the moulds with greaseproof paper, pour the cake batter into the moulds and scrape it flat with a spatula. Shake twice and bake in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a cooling rack, cover with a piece of greaseproof paper to prevent it from drying out and set aside to cool.
7. To make the salted butter, take the softened butter at room temperature and beat it with the sugar and sea salt until fluffy and white.
8. Heat the light cream to about 28°C. Pour it into the butter in batches and beat until it is well absorbed.
9. Smear the cake roll with most of the salted butter and roll it up with the help of a rolling pin.
10. Spread the remaining salted butter over the top of the cake rolls and sprinkle with the toasted sliced almonds.
Follow TIMEXING for ongoing professional baking and home storage tips.