Oil-Free Nutcrackers Recipe
Serving size 30 slices
Wholemeal flour 1.9 oz
Low gluten flour 1.8 oz
Fine sugar 0.6 oz
Baking powder 2.5g
Milk 4.9 oz
Honey 0.8 oz
Nuts 6.7 oz
1. Mix together 1.9 oz wholemeal flour, 1.8 oz low gluten flour, 0.6 oz fine sugar, 1g salt and 2.5g baking powder.
2. Then add 4.9 oz of plain milk and 0.8 oz of honey.
3. Stir into batter
4. Add 6.7 oz of dried fruit mix and stir well.
5. Fill the moulds with the batter and shake the flat batter.
6. Bake in the middle of a preheated oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes.
7. Once it’s out of the oven and not too hot, you can slice it as thinly as possible for a better texture.
8. Place evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the middle of the oven at 150 °C for 20 minutes.
9. Complete the crispy and tasty nutcrackers.
1. What if I don’t have a mould?
The mould is a pound cake mould, the size is 9*20*24 inches, if you use other moulds, you need to convert the recipe according to the volume ratio.
If you don’t have a mould, you can just pile the batter on a greased baking tray and bake it in a half oval shape.
2. What if I don’t have wholemeal flour or low gluten flour?
If you are short of one of the flours, you can replace it with another. If you don’t have either flour, you can also use medium or high gluten flour instead, but the texture will increase in firmness.
3. I cut it thicker, will it bake through?
No. As ovens vary in temperament and the thickness of the slices varies, the temperature and time are for reference only and should be adjusted flexibly.
TIMEXING wants everyone to be able to make delicious tarts easily and share the joy with family and friends!
Follow TIMEXING for ongoing professional baking and home storage tips.